Hikvision 4 MP EXIR CMOS Network Turret Camera - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Technical forum for the hugely popular Hikvison IP range
Daniel

Hikvision 4 MP EXIR CMOS Network Turret Camera - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Postby Daniel » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:51 am

Hello,

I just got this system a few days ago and I have some struggles that I am facing.

Is there someone that can assist in helping ensure I have this setup correctly; and optimized for the best possible performance?

Also - I notice then a particular camera doesn't seem to open up when I double click on it to enlarge the live feed. That same camera (its actually being stubborn - opens once every 30 times I try) doesn't like going from fluent to clear and presents me with an 8200 code error.

I have had multiple robberies in this street and really need to ensure this is working. I really would appreciate some help.

I appreciate your time in advance!!!!!!!

Kind regards,

Daniel
Last edited by Daniel on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

adam
Site Admin

Re: Hikvision ivms4500 - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Postby adam » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:00 am

Are you viewing this over the web or locally?

Run http://www.speedtest.net/ and post your results...

Daniel

Re: Hikvision 4 MP EXIR CMOS Network Turret Camera - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Postby Daniel » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:54 pm

Hi Adam,

Viewing locally from the NVR

Here are the results you requested...

Download = 96.73mbps
Upload = 1.75mbps
Ping = 10

My cameras are the DS-2CD2342WD-I 4 MP EXIR CMOS Network Turret Camera

Current firmware version is V3.4.80 Build 160718

I have tried to download the firmware but it doesn't allow me to install it - says theres an error when I try update the firmware via the NVR. Also - it won't allow me to update using the Hikvision web portal.

I was also wondering if you can provide any insight/info/assistance into ensuring my system is optimised for optimum performance.

I really really appreciate your time in advance!!!!!

Kind regards,

Daniel

adam
Site Admin

Postby adam » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:22 pm

As emailed, you have a slow upload speed which will be restricting remote viewing on the higher settings.

Refer to this post to see how to login to the camera to update it:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2&start=10

Daniel

Postby Daniel » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:44 pm

I can't seem to locate where 'platform access' is to disable it. Not entirely sure if I actually require 'platform access' as I don't quite understand its purpose... Has this got anything to do with port forwarding? Because that was setup through my router...

I do log into the NVR using my laptop when connected to wifi.....will that disable that?

Also - I did as you instructed re: logging into the cameras individually, however, I can only seem to log into the same one camera.

When I log into the actual NVR, it won't allow me to update the firmware either as it keeps presenting an error. The current firmware on the actual NVR is - firmware version is V3.4.80 Build 160718

adam
Site Admin

Postby adam » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:46 pm

Yes go to Configuration > Network > Advanced > Platform access to disable platform access when you login via your laptop

In terms of firmware I can't really add an more, but to re-iterate:

Download firmware from http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/? ... 20Firmware

Extrat the .dat if need be and then from the web interface go to Configuration > System> Maintenance and upgrade at the very bottom. As stated to get into the cameras from the NVRs web interface, use the link beside each camera in camera management (after enabling virtual host in advanced network settings).