Mac User Issues

Technical forum for the hugely popular Hikvison IP range
JHSSecurity

Mac User Issues

Postby JHSSecurity » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:26 pm

Issue: When attempting to Live View or Playback video from 4mp camera in full resolution (26988*1520) through the cameras web browser interface, the image is either not present or broken image distortion (see attachment). When the resolution is dropped, or switched to sub-stream, the image returns.
When using IVMS on same MAC, image is viewable in full resolution but freezes from time to time. CPU load fluctuates between 30-90% in IVMS. Only the one camera is being viewed.
Live view directly from monitor connected to NVR is present but not 100% smooth when viewing full screen, it does not freeze but displays as if not in full frame when moving cars go by.
I have tested the cameras direct browser interface from a PC Hybrid Tablet on the wireless network and it is able to display full resolution without a problem.
The real issue I have is that I am new to the business and got my feet wet with HikVision. My future client base is residential and iMac is the main client interface. Unfortunately, HikVision has not made IVMS for MAC with the same functionality as Windows so I am unable to utilize the video playback from "Smart Event" recordings. I am really in a hard position not knowing if I can start selling after identifying this issue on my own office demo?
Thanks in advance to those who try to help out with this situation, I have exhausted tech support resources from Hikvision Canada.

NVR:
DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P

Cameras:
DS-2CD2132F-I V5.4.5 build 170123 (no issues)
DS-2CD2142FWD-IS V5.4.5 build 170124 (issue described above)
Res: 2688*1520
Bit Rate: Variable
Video Quality: Highest
Frame Rate: 15
Max Bit: 4096
H264 + OFF
IFrame 25

Network:
NVR plugged directly into Trendnet 8port giga switch (unmanaged)
IMac plugged directly to same switch.
Cameras are wired directly to NVR with CAT5e. Cable runs are under 75'.

Client:
I have a newer IMAC with 2.9Ghz Corei5 with 8GBram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512 MB.
Only browser compatible with plugins is Safari.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 1.04.05 PM.png
High camera resolution video issue
Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 1.04.05 PM.png (51.46 KiB) Viewed 421 times
Last edited by JHSSecurity on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

JHSSecurity

Re: Mac User Issues (N0 Video)

Postby JHSSecurity » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:24 am

UPDATE: I have proven that the issue can be resolved with a Safari Browser reset but the problem returns shortly after. I left my browser open overnight and the problem is back. I tried to restart the browser and that did not solve the issue so I have narrowed it down to something in the reset steps below.

With Finder open, select Go from the top menu bar. With the Go menu open, hold down the Option key and Library will become visible as an option. Select Library.

In the Library folder, find the sub-folder titled Safari and delete it.

Open the Caches folder within the Library folder and delete the com.apple.Safari folder.

Return to Library and open the Metadata folder. Delete the Safari folder.

Return to Library and open the Preferences folder. Delete com.apple.Safari.Extensions.plist and com.apple.Safari.plist .

Return to to the Library folder. Open the Cookies folder and delete com.apple.safari.plist .

JHSSecurity

Re: Mac User Issues

Postby JHSSecurity » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:10 am

Update 2
For unknown reasons, the NVR browser started to display the camera with no issues yesterday. This may have been a one off, but I am still wondering if anyone else has experienced this kind of issue.
Update 3
Added two new 5Mp cameras and problem returned with inability to display live image of all cameras except the 3Mp. So three out of 4 cameras would not display live view unless I reduced the resolution or used sub-stream.
Update 4
Installed a new 4k NVR DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P and all cameras are displaying perfectly, so all of my issues would appear to be related to the
DS-7608NI-E2/8P.