Re-routing cameras

Technical forum for the hugely popular Hikvison IP range
BenElliott

Re-routing cameras

Postby BenElliott » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:41 pm

My system consisted 4 x 4mega-pixel ip dome cameras and an NVR DS 7600NI-\E1/4N

When I set the system up, one camera was plugged into the rear of the NVR and three were routed through the office network because of the difficulty of wiring installation. Now, new cables have been installed and I want to move the cameras to wire into the back of the NVR but I cannot see how to do this.

I plug new cables into the cameras and the rear of the NVR, try to modify the network settings but the NVR system cannot see the new routes,

FYI: IP addresses are as follows:
Default gateway 192.168.1.254
Camera 1 into NVR: 192.168.254.5
Camera 2: 192.168.1.2
Camera 3: 192.168.1.4
Camera 4: 192.168.1.64
NVR: 192.168.1.69

Do I delete the existing cameras from the system first, then search for the new routes? Your advice would be very much appreciated.

Ben Elliott

Maxim

Re: Re-routing cameras

Postby Maxim » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:05 pm

Ben,
Not an expert on this but you can give this a try.
I assume you are running DHCP on your NVR,
It sounds like the cameras have the old I.P. addresses and need to pick up new ones from your NVR.
I assume your cameras are DS-2CD2142FWD-I (or similar). I had to do this with a camera and as it wasn't installed I removed the cover and held the reset button down while powering it up, effectively resetting it, this may not be convenient if your camera is installed.
If it is installed I am sure you could either do a reset from the NVR or try the SADP tool. For these last two methods you will probably have to temporarily patch them back on the network so you can access them direct from a P.C.
Hope this helps

BenElliott

Postby BenElliott » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:48 pm

Thanks for that.

No, the NVR is not handling DCHP. The cameras currently being routed through the DCHP host, which on my system is the router have fixed ip addesses. The only camera that is currently pugged into the back of the NVR currently had its ip address assigned by the NVR (I presume).

I just cannot see how to get the NVR to see the current network routed cameras if I plug them into the NVR

Maxim

Postby Maxim » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:12 pm

Sounds like you will have to reset the cameras on the old network and then connect them to the NVR which should then pick them up.
Or If you can access one of your cameras easily, remove the cover and hold the reset button down for 10 seconds while powering it up. that will also reset it.

BenElliott

Postby BenElliott » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:42 am

Thanks. I'll give it a try when I get back off holiday.

Ben

randyclark

Postby randyclark » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:35 am

Im trying to connect my hd camera and hoping I can get an HD output as well.