ivms4200 & saving config to NVR

Technical forum for the hugely popular Hikvison IP range
howardj1969

ivms4200 & saving config to NVR

Postby howardj1969 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Hi all, new to the forum so thanks for having me & also for any advice.

I've just purchased 4 x IP turret cameras and a DS7600 NVR, all fully installed and working, so far so good.

I've noticed that when I configure the system via the ivms4200 app it doesnt always "save" my changes to the NVR, it actually seems to save them in a local config file on the computer hard drive. For example; I was testing the email notifications using ivms4200 and got them working without issue until I exit the ivms4200 app on my PC, they then stop working until I rerun the application on my PC and login.

Is there some sort of "commit changes to NVR" process /feature I need to go through before exiting ivms4200??

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Howard.

Maxim

Re: ivms4200 & saving config to NVR

Postby Maxim » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:18 pm

Howard,
I don't consider myself an expert in this area as I am learning the ropes myself.
I 'have used IVMS4200 to a very minor extent and haven't fully configured it. While it appears to have some great features it's major benefit would be if you are managing multiple NVR's/DVR/s. It can handle over 200 devices and over 1,000 channels.
If your system is a home system like mine and your P.C. is on the same Network segment as your NVR, have you tried accessing it via a web browser?
One thing I have found is accessing my NVR using a web browser uses less of my P.C''s resources and it runs faster and smoother so I spend less time configuring. Just make sure you press the "SAVE" button at the bottom of the page before you change windows.

Michael.

howardj1969

Re: ivms4200 & saving config to NVR

Postby howardj1969 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:45 pm

Hi again Michael, yes it's a home system and I'm using IVMS software as I cannot seem to get the webplugin working on my browser, theres also more functionality in ivms and it seems to be better suited to my needs; I'm currently trying to get my home alarm system to talk to the NVR and I think it can be done using features within IVMS although it's early days and the user manual is not great.

I think the email issue was an anomaly or my error as it seems to have ceased.

Thanks.

Howard.