Greyed out Percentage setting in Intrusion rule.

Technical forum for the hugely popular Hikvison IP range
howardj1969

Greyed out Percentage setting in Intrusion rule.

Postby howardj1969 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:25 pm

Hi again.

I'm refining my system, trying to establish benefits of motion vs. intrusion detection and have noticed that the "percentage" feature in the NVR config; Camera Management/VCA/Intrusion detection/Rule Settings is greyed out.

Cameras are DS-2CD2355FWD-I

I thought it was probably firmware so I upgraded one of the four IP cams to v5.5.0 but it remains greyed out, I've also upgraded my NVR to latest firmware.

The release notes for v5.5.0 state the feature (plus some others around target size) should be there within the NVR config. but they are not.

I can hopefully log a ticket with Hikvision but thought I would try here first.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Howard.

Maxim

Re: Greyed out Percentage setting in Intrusion rule.

Postby Maxim » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Howard,
I recently upgraded the firmware version on my (Dome) cameras and around a week later I upgraded the firmware on my NVR to V3.4.92 (Was 3.3.9 Build 160612). I have noticed the same thing, the percentage slider is greyed out. While I thought the slider was available after the camera upgrade, I can not be 100% sure.
I did notice in the updated manual for the NVR it talks about adjusting the slider. (P180 of 324)
I would be interested to hear what information Hikviision provide you with about this.
Also what version of firmware did you upgrade your NVR to?
You mention about establishing the benefits of Motion Vs Intrusion.
I use both and what I have found is I tend to rely more on the motion to trigger a channel to capture an event.
With Intrusion you can only set one Intrusion area within the cameras viewable area, with motion you can set multiple areas in different locations. The down side to Motion (on outdoor cameras) is you need to be mindful of objects that are effected by wind (trees etc), I find sudden changes in shadows on cloudy days can also cause triggers.
I have experimented with the sensitivity on the motion and unless I access each camera individually via the Web browser, the NVR allows only 6 positions (1-6) and I find on 1 it doesn't detect at all and on 2 it will pick up small objects like birds etc, (so settings 3, 4, 5 & 6 are for???)
At night the I.R. LEDS on the Domes are visible to the human eye and I assume also to some insects, whilst they are only small, when they fly close to the lens they are large enough to cause a trigger. Of course the spiders aren't stupid, they know where to set a trap for dinner, So I find I am regularly spraying repellent around the cameras in an attempt to deter the spiders.
I assume your cameras also support "Line Crossing"? I have found that to be reliable for being triggered by a human (not to mention other small animals, cats, dogs & possums) and have found it to be less effected by birds or insects.
P.S. I have had 7 triggers in the last 30 minutes and they have all been insects triggering the motion sensors.
I hope you find something of use here.
Michael

howardj1969

Re: Greyed out Percentage setting in Intrusion rule.

Postby howardj1969 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi Michael.

Thanks for the reply & great info.

The NVR is running what I understand to be the latest firmware (v3.4.92 build 170228).

I'm having similar triggers from sudden lighting changes (cloud passing etc.) and insects but since applying latest firmware to the cameras these have definitely decreased to a much more manageable number.

Have not yet contacted Hikvision tech support re: greyed out controls but will do ASAP and post results here.

Thanks again.