Reasonably priced external speaker

Technical forum for the hugely popular Hikvison IP range
larryccf

Reasonably priced external speaker

Postby larryccf » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:49 am

Hi - i'm new to the forum and new to IP cameras. I purchased two Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IS-2.8MM cameras here in the US from a USA distributor.

Background:
I currently have the cameras set up and operating on a work bench as a "trial" on a workbench in the garage - will be installing them on my house over the weekend. I chose this model as it offer two way comm but was surprised when i found Hikvision doesn't offer any accersories to complete the comm set up - this unit has a built in mike, and audio pickup is excellent.

When i contacted Hikvision USA, they indicated they recommend 3rd party vendors/suppliers and gave me a list of 5 vendors. All i found were systems like you might find at a warehouse, penetentiary or an office building, and pricing starting at $480 USD.

I've scoured a number of IP camera vendor sites here in the US, and no one offers anything along the lines of what i'm looking for, and that surprised me as the audio out connector seems to be a common connector.

1st question - does anyone offer a simple exterior rated speaker for installation in a residential application, ie at the front door of my house? I'm not that literate electronically but was able to cannabalise an old 1 watt speaker from a computer add-on speaker setup - used it mainly as it has it's own built in amplifier and supplying it with 5V service was simple. I've got an original speaker at my front door from a Nutone intercom system, that it's only value is that it is a built in speaker cabinet built into the wall.

I'd really like to find a plug and play setup.

Thanks in advance

warner910

Re: Reasonably priced external speaker

Postby warner910 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Did you find a solution to this? I'm in a similar situation.

Thanks