DS-7204HUHI-K1 Line Crossing Detection Confusion

Technical forum for the hugely popular Hikvison IP range
Hippogriff

DS-7204HUHI-K1 Line Crossing Detection Confusion

Postby Hippogriff » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:18 am

Hi all,

First post here. I've had my Hikvision system installed by a professional for about a month and I've just started tinkering with some of the email alerts and more sophisticated features. What I have liked is Line Crossing Detection over basic motion detection. However, I have today noticed what I think is a very strange thing.

I have a camera facing down the drive and I've set up one rule for. I've set up the rule via the DVR interface so it's A->B - therefore only vehicles coming up the drive will send me an alert. It works. Great news.

However, when viewed in the browser interface it's still showing the same line, it's still showing the same rule / Direction (A->B) but the position of A and B have been swapped! So it's appears as though it will check for vehicles going down the driveway.

How strange is that?

My firmware version is V3.5.11 build 170525 - my next step is to try and navigate Hikvision's site to check whether there's an update for this.

I would be really interested if anyone could educate me on this... I've attached images here:

Cheers, Hippo

Hippogriff

Re: DS-7204HUHI-K1 Line Crossing Detection Confusion

Postby Hippogriff » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:53 am

Just managed to upgrade the firmware to V3.5.21 build 170815, but this anomaly remains as it was before.

Cheers, Hippo

Maxim

Postby Maxim » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:26 am

Hippo,
I don't know that I can be of help but as you have not received a response I thought I would reply.
I have a DS-7700 series NVR and I to use line crossing as I find I get less false alarms than motion detection. I have mine set for bot directions and I checked three of them on the NVR interface and cross checked on the Browser.
They all appear the same when viewed in either the Browser or the NVR.
I changed my Driveway camera to one direction only in the NVR (Like your driveway) and checked it in the Browser and it was the same direction.
As we have different devices (DVR & NVR) which have different Firmware, I don't think it is worthwhile to compare versions.
Have you checked this on any other cameras?
(I can't see how this will help but) Have you tried Swapping the ends of the line and then changing direction to suit?
If you have been doing the changes in the DVR, try changing it in the browser (and make sure you save the change)
Good luck.
Maxim

Hippogriff

Postby Hippogriff » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:01 pm

I have line crossing set up on 2 cameras - that's my limit it seems - and they both do this 'swapping' thing in the same way I have described.

I can try drawing the line differently, rather than left to right, I could draw it right to left... but it's the inconsistency between the two different interfaces that is bugging me. It's operating correctly. And it's operating as the base system shows it - always A to B (right?) but A to B when that means coming up that driveway... whereas the browser shows A to B (still, right) but actually going down the driveway (if you believe it) as it's swapped the positions of A and B and, therefore, the arrow too. :(

I think it's just a basic software cock-up... but it's a shame, 'cos it's a really basic thing that appears so very, very wrong.

This line crossing is much better than motion detection, though. I have still had it activate with weather, though... but nowhere near the 500 emails I received in one night when it rained and I'd got motion detection on. :shock: