DS-2CD2185FWD-I Out of focus

Technical forum for the hugely popular Hikvison IP range
Summy

DS-2CD2185FWD-I Out of focus

Postby Summy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:59 am

Hi, all

Recently purchased and self installed 4 of these cameras and two of them have gone out of focus. I have no idea how to fix the problem. I've tried resetting, defaulting & reading in settings from a clear-image camera and nothing is helping. They were working fine when I initially installed them.

When I stand a ladder next to one of them, the ladder is perfectly clear but all the other objects in the foreground are still blurred.

Any help would be great

Thanks

MustangChris04

Re: DS-2CD2185FWD-I Out of focus

Postby MustangChris04 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:36 pm

I purchased 3 of the same cameras. One of them was very out of focus. I returned it to the vendor and received a new one. The new one is better, but still not tack sharp focus like my others.

robbiegregg

Postby robbiegregg » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:50 pm

It is 'fairly' easy to get access to the lens and re-focus the camera. It is the only way to fix the problem unless you are still within your warranty period.

The exact process depends on camera but basically the steps are:

1/. take cover off in order to access the
2/. Carefully remove the glue which is used to fix the lens in place (to ensure it does defocus during transport from China). Please use a fine tipped instrument for this (e.g. thin tipped flat ended screw driver). Take you time and don't apply too much force to the lens. It should be able to rotate without too much torque. If it still feels stuck, there is probably more glue holding it in place.
3/. Place something above 20 metres away (preferably with letters/number like a car number plate) and turn the lens until you have re-focussed the camera.
4/. Put cover back on, noting that the glass of the cover may distort the image so take this into account when fine-tuning the lens rotation.

Whilst you are at it, you could also re-consider whether you have the right lens installed. I changed the use for one of my cameras to take close ups of car number plates, so changed the stock 2.8 mm (?) lens with a new 8 mm lens I obtained from Amazon. Works a treat in my DS-2CD2532 camera. Lens I purchased are as follows (( think they have an M12 fitting):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

robbiegregg

Postby robbiegregg » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:53 pm

Also, did you buy the cameras second hand or not from a official supplier (not that I care)? If you did buy it from another source, the reason why you have lost focus might be because the lens has moved in which the glue holding it in place is no longer there (making the above very easy to do).

Just thought also, have you cleaned the inside and outside of the external glass. Possibly any blemishes ont he glass surface might be enough to de-focus the image.

iliadata

Postby iliadata » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:08 pm

if your device has guarantee you sholud send it to its company service provider.otherwise you should open https://iliadata.ir/shop/ and focus it manually