Capture interval slower than requested

Technical forum for the hugely popular Hikvison IP range
robbiegregg

Capture interval slower than requested

Postby robbiegregg » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:16 pm

Hi all,

I have a DS-2CD2532F-I mini-dome camera which I would like to capture JPEG snapshots every second. I have attached the relevant settings for Schedule Settings -> Capture -> Capture Parameters as a PNG, but just in case these aren't available to you, here is a summary:

'Enable timing snapshot': checked
Format: 'JPEG'
Resolution: 2688x1550
Quality: High
Interval: 1000 milliseconds (1 second)

However, if I look at the pictures saved by the camera, there is only one snapshot every 3 or 4 seconds (see second attached image).

Currently, I am saving the snapshots onto a SAMBA share (NAS) which is hosted on a Raspberry Pi2 (also on my local network). I have tried a much higher interval of 10,000 milliseconds (10 seconds) and the results I am getting are similar to those requested. I am therefore fairly confident the problem is due to something in the setup bottlenecking the process. I am slightly worried it might be the network but it might be something else.

- Is this normal behaviour when saving to a local NAS drive?
- Has anyone managed 1 frame per second on a DS-2CD2532F (or similar) model?
- Is it possible to save JPEG snapshots every second?

I reckon I might have to save the snapshots to a local SD card in order to achieve 1 snapshot per second, however the camera is only accessible by ladder and I don't want to go up unless I absolutely need to in order to install one. Furthermore, I eventually want to auto-process the images using openCV to (1) autodetect cars and (2) perform automatic number plate recognition. Unfortunately, I get the impression you can only access any saved images on the SD card via Hikvision's IVMS software or web GUI, neither of which will be compatible with my eventual planned use.

Thanks for reading!

Just in case the answer to the last question is 'save to an SD card',
Attachments
hikvision_settings.PNG
hikvision_settings.PNG (44.24 KiB) Viewed 247 times
Last edited by robbiegregg on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

robbiegregg

Re: Capture internal too slow

Postby robbiegregg » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:23 pm

Sorry should have read 'capture interval too slow'