Advice on system ideas

State your requirements here (residential/commercial/distance/area to be covered/budget etc) to find out what Hikvision solution will work for you.
mikey

Advice on system ideas

Postby mikey » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:56 am

Good Morning..

I've been considering CCTV for a while for my property but left it on the back burner for a while.
However due to a recent upsurge in cars being messed around with in the area, I'm going to press ahead with the project.

I'm looking at the Hikvision 4MP EXIR domes and considering installing 7 or 8 cameras to capture a 360 of the property however i may just start with 2 or 3 then build up.

I've attached a rough plan of how i think I'd like to install them.

For reference, the house is a dormer bungalow with cameras 1 and 2 being installed on the 2 corners of the dormer.

Camera 1 would be viewing over the drive and from its location to the furthest edge of the drive (marked with yellow star) is around 15M.
Camera 2 would be viewing over the remainder of the front of the property but may also capture a little of the road in front of the house.
Camera 3 (not sure about this one) wouldnt be as high as 1 & 2 but may be good for capturing faces if needed.
Camera 4 would be mounted higher than 1 & 2 to capture movement at the far side of the house.
Cameras 5 & 6 would be at same height as 1 & 2 but would capture any movements in garden.
Camera 7 would be same height as 3 but would capture any action at rear gate.

I'm thinking, based on distance requried for Camera 1, that a 4mm lens would be sufficent?
All cabling would be run to NVR in loft space with the network connection to router managed by extenders.
Possibly run a KVM from loft space to main TV downstairs as well but will worry about that later.

Any advice?

Cheers

Mikey
Attachments
CCTV Plan.PNG
CCTV Plan.PNG (75.68 KiB) Viewed 1479 times

adam
Site Admin

Re: Advice on system ideas

Postby adam » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:47 pm

Hi Mikey,

Nice diagram! Yes the 2342 EXIR turret domes are a very good and unless you do need the widest angle possible (90 degrees) a 4mm at about 70 degrees would be your best bet. A 6mm would give you 50 degrees and focus in more to the cars, however being a bungalow and quite low down I'd probably stick with a 4mm. You could always try different lenses and re position to other parts of the property if better suited I guess.

Using the loft space is ideal to hide the wires and is a great place to position the recorder making it harder to get at...