setup for multi store branch and H.O. monitoring

State your requirements here (residential/commercial/distance/area to be covered/budget etc) to find out what Hikvision solution will work for you.
marckyboy

setup for multi store branch and H.O. monitoring

Postby marckyboy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:48 pm

Hello guys,

Just want to know whats the best practice for hardware setup if i want to view store cctv's from main office? stores get added over time and want it to be "seamless". This is assuming everything will be setup from scratch.

Is IP better than HD TVI? Also would want to store longer video retentions than what the dvr hard drive could hold.

Thank you.

adam
Site Admin

Re: setup for multi store branch and H.O. monitoring

Postby adam » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:34 am

Hi there,

The Hikvision iVMS program for windows or Mac enables you to add multiple recording devices and their cameras, which you can then drag into the display boxes as if they are all plugged in to the same recorder in whatever order you wish.

This works just as well with HDTVI recorders as it does with IP recorders, you will see no difference really - but of course IP cameras generally have a slightly higher resolution enabling you to zoom in more and are more feature rich allowing you to fine tune a bit easier.

Also you can add IP cameras that are connected independently without the need for an NVR - as long as they are provided with POE or 12v power.

How many cameras are you looking at and how long do you need recordings to last?

marckyboy

Postby marckyboy » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:37 pm

Thanks for your reply :)

Bout 8 cams per store. And stores are bout 20 branches and growing. Owner is not tech savvy but wants store brances cctv viewable in headoffice. No in house IT dep just 1-2 staffs last time i checked.
Requirement is 60-90 days of video.

i was pondering on tvi system for branches.
Ivms for headoffice. But how do i implement the viewing? Multi monitor one ivms? How do other offices do it? With ivms i can use external drives to save videos? Or better to keep adding hard drives or nas?

adam
Site Admin

Postby adam » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:50 pm

Hi,

The recorders at each location store their own footage. Using iVMS you can view them live and play back off the recorders with ease at any location (A good upload speed will be critical to this working well, fibre).

8TB would provide up to 55 days of continuous recordings for 8 cameras if enabling h.264+ or 30 days on standard settings, however you could double this if recording only when there is any movement. There is a pre-record buffer so you wouldn't miss anything and it's easier to search for activity also.

However you can then also use a NAS drive to record to at the same time which will provide the greater capacity you need.

If you would like a quotation, please email sales@cctvkits.co.uk and we'd be happy to assist.