Hikvision kit

State your requirements here (residential/commercial/distance/area to be covered/budget etc) to find out what Hikvision solution will work for you.
Dirk053

Hikvision kit

Postby Dirk053 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:28 pm

Evening guys

Looking to get the below Hikvision parts and wonder if I can get some advise

Hikvision 4 megapixel 1-2 Camera IP CCTV Kit
1 x 6mm Bullet (for narrow back garden 15m long max)
1 x 4mm Bullet (for above the awning looking out onto the road)
1 x 6mm dome (front door under a granite awning looking over the very small front garden)
4 channel, 3tb drive

Can these cameras be set to only record when motion is detected and if continious recording is selected; any idea what the record time would be on a 3tb drive with the 3 cameras

I have also seen that the camera cables have a very large end to it; could this cable be hidden in an external ip enclosure so I don't have to drill a huge hole through a granite wall.

Do the have a domes have a mount?

adam
Site Admin

Re: Hikvision kit

Postby adam » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi There,

In terms of wiring, I assume you are thinking about popping the cable out fro the inside? If you do this you can put the Rj45 connector on after thus drilling a smaller hole. You will need either a separate enclosure or one of the dedicated junction boxes to house the connections in then though.

If you are looking at the 2042 bullet you will need this bracket: http://www.cctvkits.co.uk/hikvision-ds- ... n-box.html or this one for the vandal dome: http://www.cctvkits.co.uk/ds-1280zj-dm18.html - (for others view the individual camera product page and look for accessories at the bottom)

With regards to disc space, a 3TB drive would give you about 2 weeks on max settings with continuous recording. You could more than double this by using motion detected recording and double it again using H.264+ compression.

I'm not sure if a 6mm dome would be the right lens to put above a doorway if it's a small garden also, surely a wider one would work better (2.8mm/4mm)?

Ad

Dirk053

Postby Dirk053 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:16 pm

Thanks for the info Adam

2.8mm dome is defiantly the way to go by the looks it.

jimmyscotts

Postby jimmyscotts » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:15 am

Hey Adam what is included in the Hikvision kit?