Hikvision 4MP 2-4 Cam Kit (build7) Advice

State your requirements here (residential/commercial/distance/area to be covered/budget etc) to find out what Hikvision solution will work for you.
Josh

Hikvision 4MP 2-4 Cam Kit (build7) Advice

Postby Josh » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:44 pm

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase the above kit, but wanted some advice on which cameras and lenses to choose. The areas I want to cover are:

1) A driveway which is 7 m wide x 8.2 m long. A good location for the camera to be mounted for cable runs etc. would mean it would be mounted by the box end/soffits of the roof, 3.7 m high.

2) A garden which is 7.4 m wide x 11.8 m long. A good location for the camera to be mounted for cable runs etc. would mean it would be mounted in the same place as above (but at the back of the house), 3.7 m high.

3) A front door. A good location for the camera to be mounted for cable runs etc. would mean it would be mounted 2.5 m above ground (approx.0.5 m above the door).

4) Inside a garage. 2.5 m wide by 4.9 m long, probably tucked up high in a corner (2.3 m high) where it can monitor the up and over door and a single upvc door.

My thoughts for areas 1) and 2) are the mini bullet camera (DS-2CD2042WD-I). Would you recommend a 4 mm lense or 6 mm lense for this location? I did toy with the idea of having two cameras covering these locations (2 for area 1, 2 for area 2), one on each corner of the house, but with a narrower 6 mm lense.

I think a mini dome camera (DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS) would be a good choice for areas 3) and 4), probably with a 2.8 mm lense.

I'm going to upgrade the NVR which comes with the kit to an 8 channel, so should I wish to install more cameras in the future, or should you recommend 4 cameras to cover locations 1) and 2) I can.

If you require any more information please let me know.

Cheers

Josh

adam
Site Admin

Re: Hikvision 4MP 2-4 Cam Kit (build7) Advice

Postby adam » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:03 am

Hi Josh,

For cameras 1 & 2 I would say a 4mm would get you the best coverage of those areas with a 90 degree wide angle and a 50 degree height angle approximately. You may be fine with 1 in each corner looking across each face.

For the door cam, definitely a 2.8mm and for the garage cam this would be fine again to get as much of a view of your garage as possible..

Ad