Notice: HiDDNS Service Migrates to Hik-Connect

Info and support on remote viewing on a Hikvision product.
adam
Site Admin

Notice: HiDDNS Service Migrates to Hik-Connect

Postby adam » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:30 pm

From Hikvision

"
To Our Valued Customers,

Hikvision is pleased to announce the migration from Hikvision’s HiDDNS Service to the Hik-Connect platform.

Hikvision has offered HiDDNS, a Dynamic Domain Name Service, (http://www.hik-online.com) as an optional service to end users to enable remote access to their video surveillance cameras from a connected device.

As the user base continues to grow, Hikvision is migrating to the new Hik-Connect platform, which offers additional scalability by removing restrictions on capacity. With Hik-Connect on Amazon Web Service we leverage their best practices to enhance our security. Alternatively, customers still have the option to use any other third-party DDNS platform, such as DynDns, No-IP and PeanutHull. (https://gallery.mailchimp.com/8999460e8 ... rvices.pdf)

-----------------

Beginning Jan. 4th, 2017, the Hik-Connect web portal, http://www.hik-connect.com, will be available for account registration, to add devices, for centralized management of devices registered to the Hik-Connect platform with domain name and for device access via domain name link on a web browser.

In the meantime, customers can use the Hik-Connect App (IOS & Android) to add registered devices for remote management. Hikvision will release a new version of the Hik-Connect App that we expect to be approved and ready for downloading by Jan. 10, 2017. At that time, customers will be able to add devices by Hik-Connect Domain, IP/Domain method, and also continue using the alarm PUSH notification service..

squall0833

Re: Notice: HiDDNS Service Migrates to Hik-Connect

Postby squall0833 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:43 am

Hello adam,

I have some question about hik connect services

Previously I was using HiDDNS, and view my CCTV via IVMS 4500 mobile app.

Hik-Connect mobile app seems smoother and faster, so I'm moving to the new app, also went to www.hik-connect.com and get my device registered, with "Device Domain" too.

Now I've installed Hik-Connect mobile app, Logged on my Hik Connect account, I find there's only "IP Domain" and "Hik-Connect Domain" only, when I select Hik Connect Domain, and select Device Domain, there is nothing but "not add online device" with a question mark.

Why and how?

adam
Site Admin

Postby adam » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:23 am

HI, can you not click devices at the bottom and thin hit the plus icon at the top right to add an online device?

damienedwards

Postby damienedwards » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:32 am

I have just set up my router to my DVR with HiK Connect.

In the App if you hit the device icon on the bottom of the strip with your phone/tab/computer connected to your wifi, then the + icon top left you can add device using the "online Device" drop down.

The App works a treat and I can view and playback all cameras - also works through 3G and 4G when away from home.

Hope this helps

squall0833

Postby squall0833 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:59 am

adam wrote:HI, can you not click devices at the bottom and thin hit the plus icon at the top right to add an online device?

hi adam, sorry for late reply,

yes if i do that, it only shows my device with Local Area Network IP which is 192.168.1.220, and that only works for local area network streaming if my phone is connected to the same network as DVR via WiFi

not Hik Connect Domain

my device is already added to my hik connect account with a hik domain name registered

squall0833

Postby squall0833 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:09 am

damienedwards wrote:I have just set up my router to my DVR with HiK Connect.

In the App if you hit the device icon on the bottom of the strip with your phone/tab/computer connected to your wifi, then the + icon top left you can add device using the "online Device" drop down.

The App works a treat and I can view and playback all cameras - also works through 3G and 4G when away from home.

Hope this helps
hi,

but under + -> Online Device, it only shows my Device with local area network ip address 192.168.1.220 which only add my device as local area network only device, do not work for online viewing with 3G/4G or other internet connection outside my device's network

adam
Site Admin

Postby adam » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:18 pm

It is taking a bit of getting used to this app, but on experimenting further if you go to 'devices' at the bottom it is just like a adding a device as you would in iVMS, scanning the hik connect Qr code here won't work and like you say adding a locally online device is limiting.

Clicking on 'Hik Connect' at the bottom instead is essentially like loading another app all together (which initially requires you to create an account) with devices added seperately as follows:

Touch the plus symbol in the top right to open the Qr code scanner, which will scan the code on the bottom/side of the device or in the network > platform access screen (if you have a monitor plugged into the dvr/nvr). If you have trouble scanning, at the top right is a pencil icon, allowing you to manually enter the 9 digit serial number.

You may also need the verification code which is also found on the same sticker on the device or in the platform access screen.

Service port is 8000 and HTTP port is 80 by default. The app asks for them but don't think you need to mess about with port forwarding.

(If the device is showing as offline in your app: Platform access needs to be enabled for this to work in the network settings screen, which it should be by default. It will also say offline if the network settings including dns servers are blank. DHCP is enabled by default and should take care of this, using your router's ip address again)

adam
Site Admin

Postby adam » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:46 pm

To add to this if you have ivms working well, (have a hiddns domain and have done port forwarding), stick to that for now as it should keep on working fine with more features than hik connect currently such as playback. Hik connect is ideal for new setups without the need for port forwarding. Port forwarding is required if you want to use ivms or login from a remote pc, where you can just use the hik connect online service as a free ddns service going forward apparently.

stolt

Postby stolt » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:09 am

hi there, ive been looking for some help because i have been using a hikvision set up at home i have the DS 7208 IWI SH DVR with 8 cameras. I had it set up with sky broadband using the hikvision dns set up.

yesterday we switched over to Bt (bt hub 6) and ive changed the IVNs app so i can view the cameras through my wifi i jsut cannot view them outside the network.

when i tried to log in on line it wont let me change the the set up becaus eit says there is now Hik-connect. so i downloaded this on my phone and tried to connect but it asks for the serial numbe rof the DVR, ive got and trie dit but it doesnt work it cant fin the device online.

i'm really stuck now, i keep reading lots online and its making my mind go crazy. i just cant get my head around it.

can anyone help , what makes it worse is that i have never logged into my client software on my laptop and tried every password i can think of but i cant access it.

is it worth paying for a DNS software rather than hikvsion? to get it set up. even if anyone can point me to somewhere on line that has beginners walkthrough.

thankyou

adam
Site Admin

Postby adam » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:13 pm

Stolt,

So you already have a HiDDNS domain? Sounds like all you need to do is re-open the ports on your router if so and carry on as you were?

Otherwise the use Hik-Connect you can scan the QR code on the bottom of the unit or enter the short version of the serial number next to the QR code..

The use Hik-connect in your dvrs network settings you need to make sure platform access is enabled.