Issues with the web plugin and the latest Firefox Browser version(52) and beyond - and the fix.

Info and support on remote viewing on a Hikvision product.
adam
Site Admin

Issues with the web plugin and the latest Firefox Browser version(52) and beyond - and the fix.

Postby adam » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:48 pm

So it seems as of last week Firefox released a new version (52) which pretty much breaks all browser plugins apart from Flash (which is what rendered Chrome useless for this not so long ago). This means you may keep trying to install the WebComponents plugin but it does nothing. Thankfully there is a fix:

How to use Firefox v52 to live view Hikvision device
1. Install the plug in first.
2. Open a blank page of Firefox and input about:config (where you normally type the web address)

3 Press Enter. Click on the, “I Accept the Risk” Button.

4. You will then be in the plugin section of Firefox.
Right click, then go to NEW from the dropdown list. You will have 3 options to choice from, you will need to select Boolean. Once you have done that, you will need to type the plugin name:
plugin.load_flash_only

Click OK and choose “false” for the VALUE.

5. Exit firefox and reload the DVR/NVR web interface to 'accept' to run the plugin at the top of the page (all being well).

There were a few other steps recommended past this, but we have found this alone to do the trick.

Adam

malford

Re: Issues with the web plugin and the latest Firefox Browser version(52) and beyond - and the fix.

Postby malford » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:18 pm

When is a permanent fix going to be applied?
Only last week I recommended a colleague purchase a cube camera only to find out after several hours fiddling with Chrome & Firefox it went into a loop asking him for the plugin to be loaded for the 6th time.
i appreciate your fix for this but is this going to be a problem in the future?

adam
Site Admin

Re: Issues with the web plugin and the latest Firefox Browser version(52) and beyond - and the fix.

Postby adam » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:47 am

From what I gather this is down to Firefox being awkward so at present something out of our control. It is the same for any web plugin whether it be for Hikvision or anything else.

If you are looking for best reliability I'd install iVMS on the PC anyway from HERE

ToeMain

Postby ToeMain » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:44 pm

Just wanted to say THANKS for this fix!

A little note: You can't copy-paste the "plugin.load_flash_only" line or it'll fail. You have to type it in directly.

Other than that, it worked perfectly. And it took forever to find this through Google, btw. Just happy I did. Adding a few keywords to bump up the relevance in searches.

Firefox won't work hikvision. Firefox webcomponents.exe Webcomponents hikvision firefox. Browser won't show camera.

ingeborgdot

Postby ingeborgdot » Tue May 16, 2017 3:53 pm

So what acutally is iVMS anyway?
ToeMain, did you install the iVMS or use the fix adam suggested?

ToeMain

Postby ToeMain » Tue May 16, 2017 6:13 pm

I installed IVMS, which is almost like the Iphone app but for windows, and when viewing camera content it was extremely slow. Way too resource intensive. The firefox fix Adam suggested worked great though!