Static ip from internet provider

Info and support on remote viewing on a Hikvision product.
Ninocar

Static ip from internet provider

Postby Ninocar » Wed May 17, 2017 7:53 pm

Hi folks
I have given up on hik vision and will try and go down the easier route?
My isp can supply me with a static up address,
How do I setup the ds7208... dvr.
Is just the case that I replace the 198.168.1.15 up address of the dvr with the static one from the isp
Or do I enter it somewhere else and finally do I need to do anything on the router
Starting to get grumpy
Thanks in advance

jimmyscotts

Re: Static ip from internet provider

Postby jimmyscotts » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:28 am

I think you can request for an static IP address through your internet service provider.

homedigital

Re: Static ip from internet provider

Postby homedigital » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:33 pm

Set internal ip address on hikvision menu to something like 192.168.1.200 dhcp unticked. This is now your static ip address on your lan. You need make it static because you need open up a port on your router pointing to the static ip.
Next login to your router and in port forward, setup a new rule ip address is 192.168.1.200 start/end port 8000 same port setting for internal and external. Save and you have now opened up port 8000 to your dvr.
Using Google on any device connected to your router type whatsmyip. Click on the result page and your wan ip will be displayed on screen it may look something like 86.57.234.543 Make note of this address as this is your static ip address assigned by your isp.
on the phone app manually setup select ip/domain, input ip address you got from whatsmyip, input port 8000 if it's not already there add the username and password for the dvr. Save and live view. Sorted.