No video display on NVR log-in software

Info and support on remote viewing on a Hikvision product.
Chopperpilotjeff

No video display on NVR log-in software

Postby Chopperpilotjeff » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:26 pm

I have two video problems.

My NVR DS-7616NI-I2/16P and 11 Hikvision 4MP Day/Night IR Dome Cameras with 2.8mm Fixed Lens DS-2CD2142FWD-IS-2.8MM cameras are working well on Hik-Connect app on iOS devices. The cameras are accessible and configuration is editable via the Hikvision Live View device log-in.

Problem #1: there is no live view available while logged in to the NVR. It's just a black screen. On the Live View page, there are 16 black squares. If I double click on one of them, it displays a bunch of gibberish, but no image. I attached an image of my Live View Parameters.

I have been working around this live view failure by making basic configuration changes (video quality, image display and OSD settings) through the NVR remote log-in while watching the cameras on the iPad Hik-Connect app. Of course, this workaround does not enable the creation of motion detector zones, etc.

Problem #2: the only image controls that I have are Brightness, Contrast and Saturation. The reason I chose the new 4MP cameras was to use their fancy new WDR capabilities. How do I access control of the WDR settings?

Am I missing a critical setting to make my Live View work? Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
Live View Parameters.jpeg
Live View Parameters.jpeg (88.47 KiB) Viewed 291 times

laughingman

Re: No video display on NVR log-in software

Postby laughingman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi Jeff

There is a known problem with Hikvision cameras, the method in which they display video via web browser is a security risk so all browsers have basically discontinued support. I got around it by using and old PC with IE 11 still installed and turned off windows update.
This works but it is certainly not a good solution for the long term.

Pete

laughingman

Re: No video display on NVR log-in software

Postby laughingman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:08 pm

This fix works for firefox.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=516&p=632