Camera viewing from Brouser

Info and support on remote viewing on a Hikvision product.
reillysjo

Camera viewing from Brouser

Postby reillysjo » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:03 pm

Hi all,

firstly I would like to say hello as I am new to this forum. Hopefully you will be able to help me out as being a bit of a novice when it comes to networks I think its safe to say I am completely stuck.

I have just spent a considerable amount of money on 3 Hikvision mini HD cameras and an 8 channel NVR. When I connected this all up on my Lan it was great as apart from mostly plug the devices in and tick the DHCP option all my cameras were visible and recording. But and hear comes the big butt! I would very much like to view my cameras on my PC and remotely. I have found that trying to configure this to work remotely a complete nightmare. Also I know this subject has been brought up on many occasions! but is there any updates from Hikvision on when we will be able to live view our Hikvision cameras with any of the following Browsers, IE, Firefox, Chrome ETC?

any input would be great all.

Thank you reading my post.

Reillysjo

john doe

Re: Camera viewing from Brouser

Postby john doe » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:34 am

I agree. I have the same issues viewing cameras on pc. However there is two apps that I use on pc to liveview and playback etc. which work really good.

1- iVMS-4200 client works really good
2- Ezviz (which was a bit tricky to setup first had to use bluestack)>

reillysjo

Postby reillysjo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:40 pm

Thanks for the reply John Doe ( nice username)

So your suggesting just use the iVMS-4200 app on the PC instead of going through the brouser?

Ok I will look into that then and give it a go.

have you managed to remote with your mobile phone or Ipad etc?

Regards

reillysjo

reillysjo

Postby reillysjo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi all,

just a quick update that may be useful to other newbies.

Ok after much online searching and learning I have found out that I needed my NVR and all my cameras to be on the same subnet range as my LAN.
I.e. my router is on 192.168.*.* then my NVR and Cameras need to be 192.168.*.*

The plug in error that kept popping up and stopping you from viewing live pictures and recordings from your browser is now fixed.

I Used windows 10 IE *** NOT EDGE and changed all my active X controls to enable.

hope this helps guys