Issue with using hikvision ivms 4500 android app

Info and support on remote viewing on a Hikvision product.
aiyer.svn

Issue with using hikvision ivms 4500 android app

Postby aiyer.svn » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:57 pm

Hi All,

I am using a hikvision DVR and have set it up. I configured it so I can connect a video camera to it and view its output on a television screen connected to the DVR.

However, I am also trying to view the output on the hikvision ivms 4500 android app. Here's the app I used: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... iVMS&hl=en

However, when I open the app, I am not able to figure out what settings to configure. I don't see a relevant help document or guide to explain.

I see a bunch of online resources - one of them suggested using HikConnect. However, that option doesnt even come up when I try to configure the app.

An option to use DDNS comes up, but a quick search tells me that this option is not supported anymore and I am not able to setup a ddns server.

I also tried IP/domain method, but the IP provided in the Device IP field doesn't work.

Please let me know if you could share a help document for this app.

At the very least, I am trying to understand what are the settings I should be using and where I can find them. I am just looking for the best way to connect the app to the hikvision DVR box.

Thanks,
Anand