upgrade advice

State your requirements here (residential/commercial/distance/area to be covered/budget etc) to find out what Hikvision solution will work for you.
lambretta

upgrade advice

Postby lambretta » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi.

I have currently have a cheap system I cobbled together last year, some cameras that were at the house when I bought it and a couple of cheap ones off Amazon. They are connected to a Sunluxy (I think) recorder that again was a cheap purchase last year. It works, the quality isn't great but one of the main things I don't like about it is the difficulty in accessing the system online and the rather counter-intuitive user experience of the admin setup!

I can work my way around this lot but my wife hasn't got a chance and one of my motivations for having the cctv is so she can look at the images on her iPad/ phone if I'm away, without answering the door or whatever.

Anyway, too the point! I'd like to upgrade to a better quality system, but crucially I'd like the user interface/ web interface or mobile app interface to be easy to use. I'd also like to take advantage of the current cabling if that is practical/ advisable, mainly because I'd rather not have to run all of those cables again! The 4 cameras I have use the BNC/ RCA connector type. I'd like to replace the cameras but still use the cabling?

I'd also like a couple of extra cameras, one indoor for my garage and the other for the front door.

So, all in all, 6 cameras, a recorder and some advice please :-)

Thanks!
Julian

adam
Site Admin

Re: upgrade advice

Postby adam » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:44 pm

Hi Julian,

Well you are in luck, as we now have HDTVI/Turbo Analogue kits, which run over the same cables and give you a 1080P picture so will be much improved. The recorders also are backwards compatible so your old cameras will still work too alongside but at their lower resolution of course.

Finally the app (Hik Connect) is very simple to use, it's pretty much just a case of scanning a QR code once it's all plugged in.

Take a look at the 5-8 camera builders: http://www.cctvkits.co.uk/hdtvicctv/hdt ... -kits.html

The essential kits are great but the advanced ones add a few more features, mainly an on screen setting menu for each camera to be tweaked a little...

lambretta

Postby lambretta » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:49 pm

Thanks Adam and apologies for the delay in replying.

I'm a little nervous about the app itself as the reviews are less than favourable, but I'll do a little research anyway and come back to you.

adam
Site Admin

Postby adam » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:20 pm

OK Great, you can use iVMS 4500 however if you open the ports on your router...

jimmyscotts

Postby jimmyscotts » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:15 pm

You advice are very helpful guys.