Restrict cameras in local view

Technical forum for the more cost effective HD over Coax format
erolando

Restrict cameras in local view

Postby erolando » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:06 pm

Hi,

Is there a way with Hikvision DVRs to restrict which cameras will be shown in the monitor directly attached to the DVR, while no user has logged in? (like when you boot up the dvr).

I want to be able to select which cameras to be shown, and if the user identifies, then apply his/her profile to view the cameras.

I know this is possible with other brands, but have not found any info on Hikvision.

Thanks
Esteban

Maxim

Re: Restrict cameras in local view

Postby Maxim » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:51 am

Esteban,
Until Adam jumps in to assist, I know on my Hikvision NVR if you go to Configuration/Liveview/Layout you (I) can select how many devices to show on one screen (1, 2*2, 1+5, 1+7, 3*3, etc).
Example I can choose a 2*2 screen to show up to 4 cameras (channels).
I can choose which 4 channels I want to show in this window. (I can choose less than 4 active channels if I want)
example: lets say I have 4 cameras on my system and there is one that I want only to be seen by users with logon access and I would like the other 3 cameras to come up on the screen and be viewed anytime.
I set up a 2*2 window and select the 3 channels I want to be seen and for the 4th channel I either select an inactive channel or if I have a 4 channel NVR and all channels on my NVR have cameras, I deselect the 4 window so it shows a blank window.
The later will give you a plain black box in that section without the words "NO LINK" across the screen.
Also under Configuration/Liveview/General, make sure your Dwell is set to "No Switch" to avoid auto switching to another window and possibly showing your secure channel.
I hope this helps