Time Lapse / Snapshot

Technical forum for the hugely popular Hikvison IP range
pistolshot

Time Lapse / Snapshot

Postby pistolshot » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:08 am

Hi there,

I want to install a fairly basic setup of a single camera on a construction site to record a year long build. Mainly to capture multiple images / snapshots during the day that are written to the local SD card, where I can remove the local SD card weekly and copy off the images and stitch them together once the project is completed.

What wasn’t clear to me in the documentation was if the snapshots would occur during a pre defined schedule (say 8am-6pm) without a trigger? And also if multiple snapshots could be stored on the SD card.

Cheers!
Hamish

pistolshot

Re: Time Lapse / Snapshot

Postby pistolshot » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:04 am

I'll answer my own question.

Yes this is possible. I bought the DS-2CD2385FWD-I camera, installed an SD card.

Under Storage - Schedule Settings. Select "Capture" settings and modify the capture schedule and capture parameters to suit your needs. Within Capture Parameters, select "Enable Timing Snapshot" with the correct interval (every 1 sec worked for me but I have set it to every 30 sec's).

This will store multiple snapshots on the SD card. Currently have 3 days worth and counting. You can then select the pictures to download.