Perimeter surveillance DS-2CD2785FWD-IZS & DS-2CD2185FWD-I(S)

State your requirements here (residential/commercial/distance/area to be covered/budget etc) to find out what Hikvision solution will work for you.
M.Beier

Perimeter surveillance DS-2CD2785FWD-IZS & DS-2CD2185FWD-I(S)

Postby M.Beier » Fri May 10, 2019 4:48 pm

Hi lads,
I'm about to get 4 cams, and whatever I might need?

I want minimum 20FPS, and a picture that can identify licenseplates along faces... But, DS-2CD2185FWD-I(S), I'm not too certain? According to HIKVISION specs, it has not only fixed focal, but also fixed focus point? How does this work alongside the modes?
Smart Feature-set
Recognition:
Face Detection

But it doesnt focus on the face?

Second, feel free to advice me if different products...
I have 2x long sides of the house @ 30m, with windows on each side(DS-2CD2785FWD-IZS), then one window northern side(DS-2CD2185FWD-I(S)), and south only carport and entrance. (DS-2CD2185FWD-I(S))
- If any better cams for the purpose, please let me know... Oh and IR isnt that important - house is divided into 4 PIR zones covering the house, if anything gets too close to the walls (roughly 2.5m), the spots will light them up, and obviously also help the cams regarding IR isnt that important.

In addition, I have a fairly powerful 8th Gen Intel Core server, which could handle the software, but... Would a NVR still make sense? Main purpose is to have protection of the house when I spend 1 month vacation abroad..
- I would like to access from my cellphone anywhere, anytime...

Oh and, finally, pardon my ignorance, HIKVision is slightly famous for China getting tons of informations... I don't mind one bit that they get the info from cams, not that huge a deal... But would a NVR by any means allow backdoor into my LAN? I can run seperate LAN, as I have 2 WAN IPs... But it would require some additional equipment.

Hope my post makes sense, otherwise I have to clean it up later... (Not easy dealing with a baby while trying to put words on the project*)

Cheers

M.Beier

Re: Perimeter surveillance DS-2CD2785FWD-IZS & DS-2CD2185FWD-I(S)

Postby M.Beier » Fri May 10, 2019 4:50 pm

Oh and, can't seem to find any compare on auto-focus speed on the HIKVISION range...
They can hardly be identical... Neither can I find any database of any IP CAM regarding PMp...
8Mp is the resolution of the sensor, not the actual pixels that the optics delivers, which is probably closer to 2-3Mp

M.Beier

Re: Perimeter surveillance DS-2CD2785FWD-IZS & DS-2CD2185FWD-I(S)

Postby M.Beier » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:56 pm

Cmon really, a month by monday.... And nothing?